Exam Grading and Evaluation Forms Scanning Services
Procedure for Submitting Bubblesheet Forms Scanning Jobs
Document Solutions handles requests for document and pre-printed forms processing at SFU. Here are the basic procedures and options.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL USERS:
Due to technical considerations, we will no longer accept or process the older Scantron style forms after May 2018.
Information about the transition from Scantron to our new services can be found here (2017).
- Final exams are processed within 24-hours including those on weekends during Final Exam periods.
- Mid-term exams are processed within 24 working hours.
- Exams are given priority. Other documents will be processed the first available work day.
- Trnaround times are based upon time of receipt at Document Solutions in Burnaby.
Forms can be dropped off at Burnaby or Surrey locations of Document Solutions.
- Standard operating hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm.
- For times outside of these hours/days, a dropbox at our Burnaby location is available 24x7 for off-hours submission.
When received, CSR will ensure the scanning request is received properly.
- Review job and identify special handling needs.
- Ensure documents are organized properly.
- Review Forms Scanning Workorder job control form (JCF) and provide receipt (last page of NCR form).
- Package job [bubble forms and JCF] and seal.
- Surrey Operations arranges for delivery to Burnaby.
When Burnaby Operations receives the package, the CSR will:
- Confirm or create a WebCRD workorder describing job.
- Ensure packaging and support documentation is intact.
- Deliver package and WebCRD workorder to security storage area in Document Solutions.
Before submitting, please review forms to avoid any potential delays or issues.
- Replace any Scantron bubblesheet forms with the new forms. Scantron forms can be exchanged free of charge at Document Solutions.
- Do not intermix the new forms with the obsolete Scantron forms. This will result in delays and extra charges.
- Check forms for tears or folds, face-up and in same direction, stacked neatly, and have no staples, paperclips, post-its or other items within.
- Ensure that you have a valid WebCRD workorder number identified.
- Place Exam Answer Key on top. Ensure it is completed with pencil only and only one answer per question. Multiple-answers not offered.
- Separate Teaching Assistant and Course & Instructor evaluations with a red Instructor/TA Identification Sheet for each Instructor or TA.
- Complete Forms Scanning Workorder job control form (JCF) providing job details and contact information.
- Write instructor’s SFU email address clearly on the form. (the "recipient")
- Provide contact telephone number and ensure voicemail is activated.
- If a course has multiple sections, identify each section uniquely.
- Illegible writing or improper packaging may result in delayed exam results.
There are a number of reporting options available.
- Send an email with student number and resulting score (default). A hardcopy report with detailed statistics is returned with original forms.
- Raw data can be requested (“Raw Data requested”).
- Conversion to other formats (e.g. MS Excel) or special requests are additional charges/time.
PICK UP PROCEDURES:
- Person indicated on JCF will be contacted via telephone that results are ready for pickup.
- Reports and processed forms can be picked up at the Burnaby or Surrey location during standard business hours.
- For security reasons, please designate only one or two staff members for delivery and pick-up of examination.
If the person picking up a package is not known to Document Solutions staff, identification will be required before release.
- Hardcopy reports and forms not collected within a month of completion will automatically be sent to main office of requesting department.
COLLABORATIVE ONLINE GRADING:
We support a majority of the collaborative online grading analytics platforms available (e.g. Crowdmark) through:
- Custom forms creation and design.
- Personalized exam printing with options for variable data and QRcodes.
- Capture data from written exams for uploading to collaborative online grading analytics platform (within 4 working hours).
- Data extraction.
- Customized analysis and reporting.
SPECIAL HANDLING OR CUSTOM REQUIREMENTS:
For customized reports, forms or special handling, contact Document Solutions Customer Services (778-782-4160 or email@example.com) for arrangements or consultation.
IMPORTANT: DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, DAMAGED OR DELAYED EXAMS.
Current: 18 October 2016