Exam Grading and Evaluation Forms Scanning Services
Procedure for Submitting Scantron Jobs
Document Solutions handles requests for document and pre-printed forms processing at SFU. Here are the basic procedures and options.
- Final exams are processed within 24-hours including those on weekends during Final Exam periods.
- Mid-term exams are processed within 24 working hours.
- Other documents will be processed the following work day.
- All turnaround times are based upon time of receipt at Document Solutions in Burnaby.
Forms can be dropped off at Burnaby or Surrey locations of Document Solutions.
- Standard operating hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm.
- For times outside of these hours/days, a dropbox at our Burnaby location is available 24x7 for off-hours submission.
When received, CSR will ensure the scanning request is received properly.
- Review job and identify special handling needs.
- Ensure documents are organized properly.
- Review Forms Scanning Workorder job control form (JCF) and provide receipt (last page of NCR form).
- Package job [bubble forms and JCF] and seal.
- Surrey Operations arranges for delivery to Burnaby.
When Burnaby Operations receives the package, the CSR will:
- Confirm or create a WebCRD workorder describing job.
- Ensure packaging and support documentation is intact.
- Deliver package and WebCRD workorder to security storage area in Document Solutions.
Before submitting, please review forms to avoid any potential delays or issues.
- Check forms for tears or folds, face-up and in same direction, stacked neatly, and have no staples, paperclips, post-its or other items within.
- Ensure that you have a valid WebCRD workorder number identified.
- Place Exam Answer Key on top. Ensure it is completed with pencil only and only one answer per question. Multiple-answers not offered.
- Separate Teaching Assistant and Course & Instructor evaluations with a red Instructor/TA Identification Sheet for each Instructor or TA.
- Complete Forms Scanning Workorder job control form (JCF) providing job details and contact information.
- Write instructor’s SFU email address clearly on the form.
- Provide contact telephone number and ensure voicemail is activated.
- If a course has multiple sections, identify each section uniquely.
- Illegible writing or improper packaging may result in delayed exam results.
There are a number of reporting options available.
- Send an email with student number and resulting score (default). A hardcopy report with detailed statistics is returned with original forms.
- Raw data can be requested (“Raw Data requested”).
- Conversion to other formats (e.g. MS Excel) or special requests are additional charges/time.
PICK UP PROCEDURES:
- Person indicated on JCF will be contacted via telephone that results are ready for pickup.
- Reports and processed forms can be picked up at the Burnaby or Surrey location during standard business hours.
- For security reasons, please designate only one or two staff members for delivery and pick-up of examination.
If the person picking up a package is not known to Document Solutions staff, identification will be required before release.
- Hardcopy reports and forms not collected within a month of completion will automatically be sent to main office of requesting department.
COLLABORATIVE ONLINE GRADING:
We support a majority of the collaborative online grading analytics platforms available (e.g. Crowdmarks) through:
- Custom forms creation and design.
- Personalized exam printing with options for variable data and QRcodes.
- Capture data from written exams for uploading to collaborative online grading analytics platform (within 4 working hours).
- Data extraction.
- Customized analysis and reporting.
SPECIAL HANDLING OR CUSTOM REQUIREMENTS:
For customized reports, forms or special handling, contact Document Solutions Customer Services (778-782-4160 or email@example.com) for arrangements or consultation.
IMPORTANT: DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, DAMAGED OR DELAYED EXAMS.
Current: 18 October 2016